Most likely, we all have new goals for our fitness, body and health in 2016. Taking control of your health can be a daunting task, especially with the craziness of the New Year. Making sure you stay on top of the little things can make your final goal that much more realistic. Here are some tips on how to get a head start and prepare for all of your 2016 fitness goals:
- Know your numbers!
- Come in and talk to your Meijer Pharmacist and take advantage of our Health Screening services including cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, BMI, and body fat.
- Excessive abdominal fat is serious because it places you at greater risk for developing obesity-related conditions. Calculate your BMI to get a sense of your own current body fat percentage and how much weight you want to lose.
- Many things can cause high blood pressure – making the heart work harder – such as smoking, stress, salty diets, genetics, alcohol or lack of physical activity. An automatic blood pressure monitor is also available at your local Meijer Pharmacy.
- Make medication more convenient for you!
- Ask your doctor or your local Meijer Pharmacist about the availability of free medications, including antibiotics, select prenatal vitamins, and prescriptions to take control of your diabetes or high cholesterol.
- If you are already on prescription medication, make it easier to get them every month and enroll in an automatic renewal Talk to your Meijer Pharmacist today about enrolling in Med Sync to make life simpler with one monthly pick up of your medication.
- Improve your daily routine to achieve a healthy weight by
- Adding a 30-minute brisk walk four days a week
- Decreasing screen time
- Cutting 250 calories from your daily diet
- Drinking lots of water
- Eating a variety of food – helping you achieve your goals without giving up taste or nutrition
Start off the year with these tools in your back pocket, and you’ll be able to focus that much more attentively on your health as a whole.