People are busier than ever these days. Making eating healthy eating a priority can seem like a daunting task, especially when you’re planning, preparing and cooking for your whole family.
These 6 easy tips will help you get on the right track:
- Understand nutrition basics. Knowledge is power for healthy mealtime choices. Learn where calories come from and how nutrient-rich foods may help prevent disease.
- Measure portion sizes. Even if you are eating healthier foods, watching portion sizes is still necessary.
- Don’t skip meals. Fuel your body throughout the day to keep energy up, boost metabolism and prevent the hunger feeling. People who skip meals are less likely to maintain a healthy weight.
- Plan meals ahead. Planning menus, creating shopping lists and buying weekly supplies from Meijer saves time and money, and provides healthier meals all week long.
- Eat at home. People who eat out consume more calories as it is very difficult to control ingredients and portions.
- Involve your family. Make meal planning, shopping and cooking a family affair, and eat together whenever possible. The healthy physical, nutritional and emotional benefits are endless, and continue well into adulthood.