A gluten allergy or choosing a gluten-free diet can make cooking and food preparation feel daunting. However, going gluten-free doesn’t mean you have to compromise your pursuit of a healthy lifestyle.
At Meijer, we work hard to provide our customers with a wide range of gluten-free products. You can visit Meijer.com to see the gluten-free products available at Meijer.
As you prepare for a gluten-free lifestyle, start by following our Gluten-Free Shopping Guide and try the breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes below.
- 1/2 tablespoon organic salted butter
- 1 cup white button mushrooms, chopped
- 8 organic extra large eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven for 325° and coat a standard muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small skillet and add in mushrooms. Cook 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat until caramelized and tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, ricotta cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese until well incorporated.
- Mix cooled mushrooms and spinach into egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour egg batter into muffin cups until divided evenly among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until egg is cooked through.
- Organic salad topped with diced tomatoes and Kraft® Light Italian Dressing
- Chobani® Simply 100 Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Sliced strawberries
Nutrition Information: 180 calories, 12g fat, 5g carbohydrates, 18g protein
- 1 eggplant, cut lengthwise into ½-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped, liquid reserved
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves, sliced
- 1 package reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat broiler. Brush eggplant slices with oil. Broil 4 inches from heat source for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly browned; cooled.
- Cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces and place in large bowl. Add rice, artichoke, olives and basil. Combine reserved liquid from artichoke hearts and feta cheese.
- Drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sabra Hummus with gluten-free pretzels, chips or crackers
Nutrition Information: 495 calories, 18g fat, 70g carbohydrates, 11g dietary fiber, 14g protein, 845mg sodium
- ¾ cup cherry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Mix preserves, vinegar, allspice and cinnamon in medium bowl. Set aside ¼ cup of preserves mixture for glaze; reserve remaining preserves mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add onion; sauté for 1 minute. Add cherries, cayenne and reserved preserves mixture. Boil chutney until thick, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Season with salt. Set chutney aside.
- Brush pork with reserved glaze.
- Grill pork loin over medium-high heat for 10 minutes per side or until meat reaches 145°F in thickest part.
- Remove from grill and add cherry chutney to top of pork loin.
- Grilled organic romaine topped with vine ripe tomatoes and Ken’s® Lite Ranch Dressing.
Nutrition Information: 590 calories, 22g fat, 61g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 36g protein, 495mg sodium
Always be sure to read the actual product labels before consuming any product. While Meijer works to ensure product information on Meijer.com is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists, the claims associated with their products, or other product information.
If you have product-specific questions, visit Customer Care at Meijer. Meijer cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracy to this list and cannot guarantee the absence of cross-contamination in any product.
NOTE: All items may not be available in every Meijer location.