Everyone appreciates a thoughtful gift for a holiday or birthday, no matter their age. We know it can be hard to buy for someone who “has everything,” but giving a gift is supposed to be heartfelt, not stressful. If you’re looking for a gift for a senior in your life, think about what they would truly benefit from and enjoy.
To help you out, we’ve come up with some meaningful ideas that a senior would love to unwrap:
- Seniors looking to stay active and healthy will love a Fitbit. It’s not only useful, but is also an exciting item they might not think of purchasing for themselves.
- With winter fast approaching, rubber-bottom slippers are a must-have. The added traction has a large safety appeal, and the comfort and warmth are perfect for the holiday season.
- Do you have an avid reader in your life? A Kindle is a great gift idea. It’s lightweight, easy to handle and has the ability to magnify font size for those with less-than-perfect vision.
- If you’re up for the challenge, test out your DIY skills with a photo album or scrapbook. You can fill it with the faces of people they love, which can help families that live far apart stay connected.
- Try putting together a gift basket that allows for a little pampering. With fresh smelling soaps, salt scrubs, towels, lotions that help with circulation and even a bathrobe, it’ll be like a day at the spa.
- Think outside the box. Check out an event or show in your area. Try seeing something new that they haven’t seen – it’ll be a night they will relive for years.
Now that we’ve got you thinking, just remember that a present means nothing without a little love behind it. Take some time to pick out the perfect gift and enjoy the feeling of watching them open it.